Friday, July 13, 2012

Scottish National Party: was breaking the law regarding my legal rights re: the Data Protection Act ‘in the public interest’ or just plain wrong?















Dear Mr. Murrell

I am writing to you under the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 for an investigation into my DSAR which I filed with the SNP in January.

The grounds are:

1/ The request was submitted in January 2012 and was illegally withheld beyond the 40 day time limit.

2/ Specific documentation regarding the candidate selection which I attended and the subsequent appeal hearing was not included. The only thing from that process was the branch report that was previously withheld by Ian McCann. The report of the initial candidate selection panel was withheld from me thereby prejudicing my appeal hearing and right to a fair hearing. The appeal panel in Edinburgh had the report because they kept referring to it during my appeal hearing so I know it existed.

In an email dated 29/9/2012, Ian McCann stated:

“I've noted below the reasons for non-approval by the Panel:

Lack of team-working focus

Inability to work with people”.

They were able to come to this conclusion despite no evidence on their part.

3/ There was no documentation of any investigation by the SNP into the smear campaign which I filed a complaint as a member, either going from the SNP to a third party or from a third party back to the SNP.

This can only mean there are two options:

a/ No investigation took place therefore violating my rights as a party member.

b/ An investigation took place into my complaint, the data was illegally withheld and there was a cover up of the David McLean email which makes allegations of drugs, election rigging and smearing within the Maryhill & Springburn SNP branch.

4/ My identification sent with the request wasn't returned.

Under the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998, I am therefore obliged to ask for the DSAR investigation thereby exhausting your processes before I go to an external body.

This email will also appear on my blog later today. My blog has a readership of between eight thousand to ten thousand a month, which is read incidentally by Newsquest Media Group Ltd (93.174.8.253) and the British Broadcasting Corporation (132.185.144.120) and others from the press.

I would to thank you in advance for your assistance.

Yours sincerely

George Laird
The Campaign for Human Rights at Glasgow University

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

George, why don't you just accept that you are despised by your former colleagues in the SNP - which is why you gained a single vote in a free and fair candidate election?

You clearly can't accept that the SNP does not have the same view of your "talent" as you do.

Why don't you you just leave the SNP? They don'f want you.

I am under no impression that you will not publish this comment. But you will read it. And hopefully you will leave the SNP - every branch you have been in has either kicked you out or tried to.

Your behaviour is weird and erratic. You will never be an SNP candidate. Please leave our party.

G Laird said...

Dear All

As you can see by the comments, the SNP isn't a party of fairness, equality and social justice.

As I said it is a 'rat ship' under Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon.

Asking to be treated fairly is according to them is behaviour that is "weird and erratic".

Yours sincerely

George Laird
The Campaign for Human Rights at Glasgow University