Tuesday, December 4, 2018

SNP MEPs And The EU Gravy Train, SNP MEP Alyn Smith thinks the opinion of ECJ Advocate General Manuel Campos Sanchez-Bordona saying the UK can revoke Article 50 unilaterally equals a huge win for the Remain side, the delusion is laughable, the exit clock is still ticking down, the EU will lose the British ‘cash cow’ and Smith will be losing his job
















Dear All

Here is a laugh, which isn’t so funny, according to European Court of Justice Advocate General Manuel Campos Sanchez-Bordona, the UK can unilaterally revoke its withdrawal from the EU.

This is his opinion, an opinion which can be ignored by the UK government and will be.

The last laugh of course is that the UK will not be revoking its withdrawal from the EU; we are too far down the road to turn back. The Conservative Party has no interest in political suicide, which is the bottom line here, the government said they would honour the result of the referendum vote, and they will be judged on that commitment.

What this case brought by malcontents means is absolutely nothing although what did European Court of Justice Advocate General Manuel Campos Sanchez-Bordona mean by ‘the UK’, did he mean the House of Commons or did he mean the government?

This intervention reminds me of how Irish people were tricked out of their democracy by the EU.

 A statement from the ECJ said:

"In answer to the question from the Scottish court, the Advocate General proposes that the Court of Justice should, in its future judgment, declare that Article 50 TEU allows the unilateral revocation of the notification of the intention to withdraw from the EU, until such time as the Withdrawal Agreement is formally concluded, provided that the revocation has been decided upon in accordance with the member state's constitutional requirements, is formally notified to the European Council and does not involve an abusive practice.”

One of the people who brought the case is SNP MEP Alyn Smith, who has never accepted that he is going to be unemployed in the very near future, ripped out of his cosy EU bubble.

He said:

"This is a huge win for us, and a huge step forward from the highest court in the business, and confirms what we have been hoping for: that the UK can indeed change its mind on Brexit and revoke Article 50, unilaterally.

Actually, it isn’t a huge win, and it isn’t a win, because the UK Government is still going ahead with Brexit.

Smith added:

“This is big news. Now, while Westminster is debating legal advice, just how much public money has the UK government blown *trying to stop* this being known? The Advocate General Opinion is not the final judgment, but the practice of the ECJ is that the judges tend to follow the Opinion, so this is a major landmark. We now have a roadmap out of the Brexit shambles, a bright light has switched on above an 'Exit' sign and the false choice being offered to MPs at Westminster - that it is Mrs May's disastrous deal or chaos - is shown for what it is, an abuse of Parliament. There are other options, and we can stop the clock.”

What a pity for him that the UK public wouldn’t accept ‘stopping the clock’, and the Conservatives know the only timetable is to get out of the doomed EU project. What this court case highlights is how politicians don’t represent us.

Yesterday in my post on the ‘yellow vests’, this is a feeling that has gained real traction across Europe. There is a change in the mentality of people towards politicians, from public servants they are now being seen as public enemies. The treatment that Macron of France gets in public is a sure sign that the trust has broken with the political class.

What will emerge is new parties of the right, who will exclude the type of people who brought Europe to its knees. You could see political revolution in Europe and new parties emerging which put the people first and safeguard the national interest.

Conservative former attorney general Dominic Grieve said of the development:

"It's clearly significant. Of course it doesn't necessarily have to be translated into a judgment, but the opinion of the advocate general is often very influential in forming the opinion of the court and it reinforces something I have to say I personally always thought was probably the case.”

To reassure you that nothing has happened of significance by the remain side, Advocate General for Scotland Lord Keen QC, representing the UK Government, said the case is a "hypothetical validity challenge" and those behind it seek "political ammunition to be used in and to pressure the UK Parliament".

He isn’t worried and neither should you be if you fought for Brexit.

Legal representatives for the UK Government believe the case is inadmissible as it deals with a hypothetical situation; the Government's policy is not to revoke Article 50. You could also chuck in that the EU is forbidden to get involved in country’s internal domestic politics, doesn't this fall squarely into that category? 

Finally, Labour MEP Catherine Stihler is quitting being an MEP to get a job elsewhere; this to me is the real acid test because it is an acceptance of reality something which her fellow Scottish MEPs haven’t grasped yet. The party is over, the good times are over; it is time to pack up their offices and use up their allowances before the trek home. Of course, one would expect that the EU would do anything to keep the British ‘cash cow’ pumping money into the EU budget any judgement by the EJC will be seen as tainted, they have no business sticking their nose into UK domestic politics.

Regardless what they say, the public will take no interest in this bogus case, the UK is taking back its sovereignty on 29 March 2019.

Yours sincerely

George Laird
The Campaign for Human Rights at Glasgow University

41 comments:

Anonymous said...

That’s one of the reasons people voted to leave. We don't want or need some foreign court to decide our laws. These Euro elite arse lickers, violators of our democracy, they should be arrested.

THE INVISIBLE MAN said...

To reverse Brexit would, in my opinion, be a disaster on all levels, George.

Here's why:

1) Britain is relatively lucky in having to deal merely with Brexit chaos that shouldn't necessarily last forever, compared with the rest of Europe, which is going to far right parties. If parliament abandoned Brexit, not only would it be political suicide, but it would be a disaster for democracy, because people would start turning to extreme parties to get their voices heard.

2) Does anyone imagine that we'd get our influence over the EU back? More likely they'd say 'As if we're going to listen to you after that little stunt you pulled'.

3) If we returned, the EU would screw us over for attempting to leave, if it was the last thing they'd do, as if to say 'Let that be an example to all of you other members' while at the same time the poor really WOULD suffer, while the extremism would go on the rise as in continental Europe.

A blind man could see that despite all the risks of Brexit, it pains me to say this, but it's not safe for us to stay in anymore.

Anonymous said...

I was able to find good advice from your blog articles.

Anonymous said...

You ought to be a part of a contest for one of
the highest quality websites on the web. I am going to recommend this website!

Anonymous said...

There is definately a lot to learn about this issue.
I love all of the points you made.

Anonymous said...

Great info. Lucky me I ran across your site by chance
(stumbleupon). I've book marked it for later!

Anonymous said...

Your style is very unique compared to other people I've read stuff from.
Thanks for posting when you've got the opportunity, Guess I'll just bookmark this page.

Anonymous said...

Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you penning this post plus the
rest of the site is really good.

Anonymous said...

I'm very happy to uncover this page. I need to
to thank you for ones time for this fantastic read!!
I definitely appreciated every bit of it and I have you book marked to
check out new stuff on your site.

Anonymous said...

Hello, I enjoy reading through your article post.
I like to write a little comment to support you.

Anonymous said...

I couldn’t refrain from commenting. Very well written!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Impressive article dude! Thank you, However I am experiencing problems with your RSS.
I don’t know why I cannot subscribe to it.

Is there anybody else getting the same RSS problems?
Anyone who knows the answer will you kindly respond?
Thanx!!

Anonymous said...

Everyone loves it whenever people come together and share opinions.

Great blog, continue the good work!

Anonymous said...

Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging on blogs I stumbleupon on a daily basis.
It's always helpful to read through content from other writers and use a little something from other
websites.

Anonymous said...

Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate
you penning this post and also the rest of the website is
also really good.

Anonymous said...

The very next time I read a blog, I hope that it won't
fail me just as much as this one. I mean, I know
it was my choice to read through, but I actually thought
you'd have something useful to talk about. All I hear is a bunch of complaining about something that
you could fix if you weren't too busy seeking attention.

Anonymous said...

Very good article! We are linking to this particularly great article on our website.
Keep up the good writing.

Anonymous said...

Right here is the perfect blog for anyone who hopes to find out about this topic.
You understand so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually will need to…HaHa).
You certainly put a fresh spin on a topic that has been written about for years.
Wonderful stuff, just excellent!

Anonymous said...

I couldn’t resist commenting. Very well written!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful article! We are linking to this particularly great content on our website.

Keep up the good writing.

Anonymous said...

I love reading through an article that will make people think.

Also, thanks for allowing for me to comment!

Anonymous said...

Next time I read a blog, Hopefully it won't disappoint me just as much
as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read through, however I actually thought you would
have something helpful to talk about. All I hear is
a bunch of crying about something that you can fix
if you were not too busy searching for attention.

Anonymous said...

bookmarked!!, I love your blog!

Anonymous said...

It’s difficult to find knowledgeable people about this subject,
however, you seem like you know what you’re talking about!
Thanks

Anonymous said...

Hello there, I think your web site could be having browser compatibility issues.
Whenever I take a look at your site in Safari,
it looks fine however, when opening in Internet Explorer, it's got some overlapping issues.
I merely wanted to give you a quick heads up! Besides that,
excellent blog!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to thank you for the efforts you've put in penning
this blog. I'm hoping to view the same high-grade content from you in the
future as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my very own site now ;)

Anonymous said...

Greetings! Very useful advice within this post!
It is the little changes that will make the most important changes.
Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Excellent blog post. I absolutely appreciate this website.
Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Excellent web site you have got here.. It’s hard
to find excellent writing like yours these days.
I really appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!

Anonymous said...

After looking over a handful of the articles on your blog, I
seriously like your way of blogging. I saved it to my bookmark site list and will
be checking back in the near future. Please visit my web site as well and tell me what you think.

Anonymous said...

Great article! We are linking to this great content on our website.
Keep up the good writing.

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I simply wish to offer you a big thumbs up for the excellent info you have got here
on this post. I will be returning to your web site for more
soon.

Anonymous said...

I couldn’t refrain from commenting. Well written!

Anonymous said...

Good post! We are linking to this great post on our website.
Keep up the good writing.

Anonymous said...

Your style is unique compared to other people I've read stuff from.
Many thanks for posting when you've got the opportunity,
Guess I'll just bookmark this site.

Anonymous said...

I could not refrain from commenting. Exceptionally well written!

Anonymous said...

I couldn’t refrain from commenting. Well written!

Anonymous said...

Excellent post. I definitely love this site. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

bookmarked!!, I really like your web site!

Anonymous said...

A fascinating discussion is worth comment. I think that you
should write more on this subject, it may not be a taboo
matter but typically people do not discuss such issues.
To the next! All the best!!

Anonymous said...

I couldn’t refrain from commenting. Very well written!