Sunday, September 27, 2009

SNP Fashion Guru, Alison Thewliss gives verdict on Sarah Brown's fashion sense.


Dear All

I am shocked!

And I am a Glaswegian!

I was bobbing about and found this comment by Alison Thewliss, SNP Councillor for Glasgow.

“I do usually hate when a woman is judged by the clothes she wears - but that dress is pretty nasty. It looks like a sack and clings in the wrong places. It also appears she's wearing no tights. Ick”.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bitchy!

Savage stuff from the SNP fashion guru on Sarah Brown, wife of Gordon Brown!

The crime as I understand it was a badly fitting dress, which does Sarah Brown no favours in the yummy mummy department.

I now wonder what the SNP policy on female clothes is.

I hope that Alison will in future consider that plane travel can be uncomfortable at times and if an old sack is the way to go then not to be too hard on the ‘sack wearing’ community.

After all, there but for the grace of God goes us all!

Yours sincerely

George Laird
The Campaign for Human Rights at Glasgow University

4 comments:

BellgroveBelle said...

Come now, at least link to the original article! ;-O

http://subrosa-blonde.blogspot.com/2009/09/dressed-to-impress.html

G Laird said...

Dear Alison

Please forgive my oversight which you have quite rightly brought to my attention :)

Numerous people have expressed the view that the dress Sarah Brown was wearing was terrible.

I am not as fashionable as I should be, which is a problem, so when you expressed such a strong view I felt it was worth publishing.

Finally, being a 'throw on anything' kinda guy, is fact she wasn't wearing tights something that made the dress worse?

Yours sincerely

George Laird
The Campaign for Human Rights at Glasgow University

BellgroveBelle said...

Thank you!

Not wearing tights with that dress would be a terrible mistake, but I'm not actually a fashion guru and apologise for giving any misleading impressions.

Today, I was mostly wearing jeans, pretty t-shirt and a pair of Vans. Sorry to disappoint ;-)

G Laird said...

Dear Alison

"Not wearing tights with that dress would be a terrible mistake".

Care to explain why?

When I think of a pair of vans, I think petrol or diesel!

Which shows how much I know.

Yours sincerely

George Laird
The Campaign for Human Rights at Glasgow University